Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Thursday, March 5, 2015

I'm the Frosted Designs Guest Designer today

I am so excited to share with you my project today.   I am  thrilled to be invited by Barb Craft to be a guest designer at Frosted Designs today.   I have followed Frosted Designs for a few years now and have always found the Design team,
 the tutorials and the challenges very inspirational.  
I hope you enjoy my project as much as I enjoyed creating it so I could share with you today.   I love Graphic 45, shabby chic and vintage items so love creating shadowbox and off the page projects.     
This shadowbox from K and Company is 12 x 12 so each square is 4 x 6.  
I bought it at Target last year on clearance.  
Paper collection is Graphic 45 Secret Garden 
Angel, bridge, and shutters are Prima 
Variety of mosses from a bag from Michaels 
Flowers and leaves Wild Orchid Crafts and Michaels  
Glimmer Mist Crushed Shells 
Prima and Tim Holtz Distress Inks 
Other embellishments, bud flowers, stones, tiny shoes, tiny tools and wood box from my stash.  
Yes I admit I collect goodies wherever I go.  
Little stones with words I found in miniature section you can find in craft stores.  
More info with closeup pictures  
Each page is like a little mini page but I also used items over in several squares to tie things together.  
The completed shadowbox

Here is what the shadowbox looked like before I started.  

Graphic 45 papers cut into 4 x 6 rectangles and 3/4 inch strips for sides.
The edge is also has strips of paper glued to it at 1 inch strips.  I started at middle of bottom and overlapped so  pieces did not peel on corners.  
I then sprayed lightly with Glimmer Mist Spray Crushed Shells and used a brush  to mute the white edges and let it sit over night.  



Closeups of each rectangle
Left top corner 
Each center rectangle is inked with brown ink and pop dotted for dimension.  
The roses and leaves are fussy cut from a second piece, inked and pop dotted.  
Used a punch for tag and added Graphic 45 sticker. 
Cherish metal word and bird nest from Recollections (Michaels) 

Top center 
Fussy cut girl, fence and flowers.  Then inked pop dotted,  Added shutters to each edge. 
Metal charm from Recollections (Michaels)
Hug Snug Schiff seam binding colored with Glimmer Mist 
Top right
Fussy cut roses, added chipboard, Prima beads, Prima bird and corners.
The butterfly charm I found in my stash.  

Bottom left 
Fussy cut flowers and leaves and added paper flowers.  They had a touch of pink but I inked them with Prima ink to make them pop more.  
Tiny shoes I got at a Recycle store near me.  They have tons and tons of stuff you can rummage through and use for projects.  
Butterflies Martha Stewart punch double layered for dimension 
Charm from stash 
Center bottom. 
You can see the moss and roses overflowing from top center.  
Fussy cut and added more inked paper flowers, 
Added key from $1 section Michaesl and G45 Chipboard 
Bridge and angel from Prima.  
Fence from miniature section or wood section in craft stores goes across two rectangles.  

Bottom right 
 I fussy cut birds and cage and pop dotted.  Added inked paper flowers and leaves, 
Tools and box are miniatures I had in my stash.  
Chipboard G45 and metal word Love from Recollections.


I hope you enjoyed my Guest Designer project and it will inspire you to try an off the page project. 
Thank you again to Barb for having me.  Also I would love for you to  check out my work on my blog Cricutcraftingrammyblogspot or on facebook.  Happy craftin!




6 comments:

  1. Suzanne… this project is absolutely SPECTACULAR!! It has so many amazing details in it! I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time you have in this!! So worth it though… this is GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing your talents at Frosted Designs Today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knocked this one out of the park Suzanne!!! Every time I look I see more pretty details!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just fabulous and a real showstopper, love all the different elements that you've added, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing project. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs. You Rocked the Guest Designer spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your GDT gig Suz! How awesome!! I love, love this amazing project. It is so beautiful and you did a fabulous job with it. You always amaze me with using Graphic 45 papers, I'm always afraid to use them because they are so beautiful. lol But you aren't, you just dive right on in there and create something stunning. You go girlfriend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shadow box! Love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete