Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Challenge- Back to School

It's time for another awesome challenge at Cooking with Cricut .  This week the challenge is Back to School.  I retired two years ago after teaching school for over 33 years.  Now Back to School means I will be babysitting my middle granddaughter again when her mommy goes back to teach.  For my project I decided to try making an "apple for the teacher" using the Sweet Tooth Boxes Cartridge.   I cut the top of the cupcake/ice cream cone cut at 11.5 and the bottom at 11.25.  That way the lid would fit over the top.  
I used some leftover Graphic 45 School paper, twine, and ribbon.  Also some of the Graphic 45 stamps.  
The leaves on the top were cut at 2 inches from Accent Essentials
 and the stem was made from rolled Kraft paper.  Makes a fun, quick treat box you can feel with goodies to start the school year off right.  
Other side 
Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut this week.  I hope you will join us for the challenge and link up your projects at CWC.  We love to see your creations.  Happy Craftin!

2 comments:

  1. Super creative, Suzanne! I really love how this turned out. Might have to "lift". LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apple Suzanne! I think it turned out so cute and what a perfect gift for a teacher especially if filled with chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete