Welcome to the "What I Am Thankful For" Blog Hop. This hop is scheduled from Nov. 4 at 8:00 am through Nov. 5 at 11:00 pm (central time).
If you just happened to come to this blog, you are at the beginning with Lisa Peters- http://handmadewithlov
We're so excited to be doing this hop and we have a fabulous lineup with some very talented ladies. There will be lots of fun projects, along with some great blog candy, and a great grand prize for this hop.
The hop is a 2 day hop so you will have plenty of time to make it through the whole hop lineup twice. Check out each blog and see what blog candy you can win at the individual stops. Please come back both days to see great projects.
My project is also my project for the Sweet Sassy Diva Design Team this week. This week the challenge for the DT was Tis the Season. In keeping with the theme of the blog hop "What I am Thankful For" I decided to share a gift project. There are so many people I like to thank at Christmas for being part of my life. I made some of these last year and they were a big hit. It is a great idea to make a few and then if someone stops by unexpectedly with a gift or you need a hostess gift you have them available. They are great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. They are quick and easy to put together and you can use scraps,Cricut cuts, or any embellishments you have around. Here are the 4 completed candles.
The large ones were purchased at Michel's on sale 3 for $10 and the small one was
$1. So watch the sale ads.
1. For the tops I used the Tim Holtz Rosette makers which I love as it is so quick and the rosettes come in three sizes- 3/4 ", 1 " and 1 1/4". This is especially handy for small rosettes.
If you don't want to make rosettes you can put die cuts, embellishments, flowers, etc. on top.
2. Pull off the labels. This is easy peasy on M's candles. If you have a candle and it won't come off then just cover it. I like to cut the flavor of the candle off the label and stick it to the bottom.
3. Cut strips of 12 inch paper for the large candles. You can leave it plain or punch with punches. I cut the bottom layer at 3" and the top layer at 2.75. The small one was 1 1/4 " and 1 ". I then glued a strip of coordinating ribbon down the center. You could also punch a strip with your punches.
4. Glue the strips together and then put ATG strips or glue on the back and roll it around the jar. They will just meat in the center. I then put strips of invisible tape over the meeting point.
Make sure you keep it tight so it won't slide down.
5. Now you are ready to decorate. See the next group of pictures for details.
The first one was done using embellishments of holly, pointsettias, gems and raffia. I found a bag of raffia at M's with red, green and cream that I knew would come in handy. I added a holly to the top of the rosette.
The Thanksgiving jar I used the acorn from Doodlecharms cut at 5" and 3". I embossed the acorns and added some embellishment leaves and the word Fall. The Fall colored raffia is from the tie from a package of pasta my hubs bought.
The blue one I cut out a snowflake from Art Philosophy with the ornament shadow at 3". I added some snowflake gems and bling.
The small one I added a Merry Christmas embellishment and some raffia.
Here are a few more pictures and ideas from last years candles.
To be elgible for my blog candy please become a follower and leave a comment. I will draw a winner after my blog hop on Nov. 16th. for a $10 gift card for your choice of Michaels or Joanns.
Any comment made on the 4th, 5th and 16th will be elgible.
To be eligible for the grand prize for the Blog Hop you must visit each blog, leave a comment and then become a follower of every participant in this hop. You also MUST visit my blog and leave a comment on my blog for the day and also become a follower at "Scrapping With Lisa" and my facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/p
ages/Scrapping-with-Lisa/13088 2060268842. Please let me know if you don't do facebook and I won't count that against you for the blog candy. Now for the blog candy, I bet you are wondering what it could be. It will be a grab bag full of goodies.
Here is the complete lineup:Lisa http://handmadewithlove-l
Sherry B http://www.patternsbysher.bl
Sherry W http://www.upordowntheyrebea
I am the last stop on the Blog Hop so you have made it all the way through. I hope you have enjoyed this idea and the directions. Have a great day and please stop back tomorrow for another great project. I would love to see your comments. Also please stop by Sweet Sassy Diva all week to see what the other DT members have created. Happy Craftin!