Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Graduation Bouquet

Last week a family friend's son graduated from High School.  It was really fun to go to graduation as both my girls and I graduated from the same school.  
My friend asked me to design something to put on his cake for his party.  
I made the  graduation cap by using a styrofoam circle base and covering it with black paper.  
I then cut out all these Cricut cuts and put them on kaboob skewers.  
It was a big hit at the party since it was so personal- for example
He plays guitar and works at Kentucky Fried Chicken
Also he played Prince Charming in the play Cinderella ( and was awesome.)
Plus of course I made the little graduate to look like Jordan and used the school colors. 
For the cuts I used 50 States, Mickey Font, A Child's Year, Gypsy Wanderings, Once Upon a Princess, Boys Will be Boys, Slumber Party, From the Kitchen, Nifty Fifties, Wrap it Up and Paper Doll Dress Up.

6 comments:

  1. Love It! So Creative! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Suzanne! I love how you personalized everything to Jordan. I can see why this was the talk of the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - this is amazing. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!!! I have one who will be graduating this coming school year so I am gonna file this idea away til then!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....this is really fabulous Suzanne! What a great gift! Just wanted to let you know that I received your gorgeous card in the mail today! Thank you so much for the lovely card and the cute, cute embellishments! I love the colors and look forward to playing with them! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete