Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Friday, March 2, 2012

Which Came First? Scrapbooking or Stamping Blog Hop

We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop. The question we are asking is what came first for us and how we all started in the paper crafting world.  


Be sure to leave a comment at each hop stop to be entered in our Monthly Drawing (details available at http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com)
If you've hopped over from Lisa then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email an d you'd like to join our FUN, then please go to Lynda's blog (http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com) to start


Although I used stamps in my classroom I was not what I called a "stamper". I started over 20 years ago when I was invited to a "Creative Memories" party by a friend. I was hooked and started scrapping my daughters pictures like crazy. In those days we used stencils to cut out shapes, fancy cut scissors, and lots of stickers. I thought it would be fun to share a picture of my oldest daughters first birthday(and Easter) in 1983.


Here is my daughter 29 1/2 years later with her husband celebrating her daughters first birthday.  
If you look closely you can see how much Danielle and Kenzie look alike at  the age of 1.  





I used my Cricut and Baby Steps, Paisley, and Something to Celebrate for this layout.

Check at the top of my blog for my blog candy. I am giving away 3 gift cards on my birthday March 10th and maybe a few surprises. Thanks so much for stopping by and
now you are ready to hop on over to my crafty friend Michelle


16 comments:

  1. Very nicely done!

    mzcherub at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your daughter and gdaughter really do look alike!! :) I think most everyone has some Creative Memories type layouts in their albums but today's scrapbooking has surpassed that style with all of the embellishments, die cuts and paper piecing. Your gdaughter's hat and cake are really cute! Did you make the hat?

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful LO's. i agree they do look alike. both are beautiful. i know nothing about creative memories, so im one who doesnt have any in her albums.

    craftingwithblue at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne,
    The birthday l/o's are precious and the resemblance is amazing. LOVE the cake. It's been a blast to see everyone's progress and I'm still chuckling at the decorative scissors we all used soooo much!
    Creative Wishes, & TFS
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Layouts! gorgeous granddaughter too!!! love how you have "evolved" with your layouts. Congrats on your over 500 followers too, I am proud to be one! Visit my blog HERE
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layouts, great compareison, thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Suzanne!! I have a Creative Memories page that looks almost just like that!! Too funny! Your recent birthday layout is gorgeous! And oh gosh... love the OWL theme!! My Nieces are going through an owl phase right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Suzanne I have layouts that look almost exactly like the one of Dani!! lol Typical Creative Memories layouts!! Love doing them back then though as I didn't have many choices of what to use. lol Now we have so much to choose from! Kenzie really looks like Dani when Dani was her age!! I can't get over it, they could pass for twins! Love the lo's of Kenzie, she is just to darn cute!! Love all the owl themed stuff, the cake is just too cute!! Great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne this is great! I love the title on the newer one and everything about it! So cute how they look so much alike! My Kenzie looks just like me from my baby pictures too! So glad I have those to look at, she will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful layout! You are a special mom and grandmother! Thank you for sharing the old and new!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I remember the stencils and stickers days as you said! Amazing how so many of us started with CM - stickers, stencils...and then look at where we are now!! Your pages are gorgeous!!! TFS your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can relate to your beginnings With CM My first CM page is very dull compared to todays layouts I love how you've capture the birthday memmories Your grandaughter is adorable and the layout is beautiful!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhhhhh, Suzanne!! NEVER a disappointment with you, my friend!! Love that you showed the pictures cut with the fancy scissors!! I just KNOW I have some early pages like that -- Those would have been after the beginning but before moving on to different colored pages... Hmmmmmm... LOL!! And look how much your style has changed!! I just love your story... And I love BOTH of your layouts -- What a joy to see that early page!! :)

    Thanks for participating in the hop!!
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. They do look alike. Thanks for sharing your layouts. I've enjoyed seeing how everyone's talent has grown.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved seeing your history. TFS

    ReplyDelete