Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lasting Memories Challenge- How Do You Layer?

The challenge this week at Lasting Memories is "How Do You Layer?"- do you layer paper, ribbons, flowers, cuts?  I made this Happy Bearday layout for some of my middle granddaughter's birthday pictures.  The banner was cut from the Cricut Cart Birthday Bash at 3 inches  and then I printed the letters at 1.5 inches with the Imagine cart Hopscotch. I layered the letters on to the banner cuts. I used Twine to hang the banner from.  
The bear is a cutting file from Melin at Paper Crafting World. If you haven't seen these awesome files and digis please check them out.   This is an SVG file that you can cut with SCAL.   The design is split into pieces on the computer screen and you cut all the pieces and then "layer" them together.  I really like the dimension this gives to the cuts.  You can also pop dot cuts which gives them even greater depth.  I also use layer by making mats and I also added punch gifts and cupcakes to the corners.  
The prize this week for one lucky winner this week at Lasting Memories  is a $10 gift certificate to 
Here is the sketch for this week.  Remember you do not have to use the sketch.  It is just to give you ideas.  The challenge is to use layers this week.  
Have a great crafty week and hope to see your projects this week at Lasting Memories. 

9 comments:

  1. Awww, this lo is adorable!! I love the banner and the bear, so cute!! You make me wish I had SCAL! lol I love the pics as well, Kenzie is just adorable as well as Katie and it looks like maybe you are holding Brittany in the one pic, but I'm at a loss as to who the other child is! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, this is so sweet! Love all the layering and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! Love the banner title and the bear!!! Great job layering:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and I love your take on the sketch with the second page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I love your layering and take on this sketch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an adorable two page layout. Love the banner and the bear on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the banner and the cute little bears... so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable LO! I love this! Love that bear and that banner too. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete