Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Card I made for PaperLovinGals challenge

I made this card for a fun challenge at    Paperlovingals.blogspot.com this past week.  I have been so busy with Blog Hops and Design Team posts I was afraid I would miss the deadline but it is today so I made it. 
For this challenge we were given the picture below to get our creativity flowing.  
I decided to use the texture idea and the strips.  
I started with this beautiful background paper that I had a scrap of and selected 4 scraps of matching cardstock.  The card is 5 x 7 and the strips are 1 1/2  x 4 1/2 .I then selected 4 different embossing folders, embossed and inked the edges.  Next I selected matching colored flowers and buttons and used Memory thread to tie.  I still felt like it needed something so wanted to add a butterfly.  Found this beautiful one in a K and Company embellishment bag I bought a while back.  It's printed on plastic and I think it looks really cool.  
The Bloom title also came from the same bag and is glued to a popdotted and ink tag.  For now I am leaving the inside empty so I  can decide later what occasion to use it for.   

Here is the inspirations picture 

                                                               Paperlovingals.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the pretty embossed papers and colors! Pretty embellishments! I really need to use more of my embellishments!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the embossing and the flower buttons are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Suzanne!! Your embossing and strips of color are fabulous!! I really like your button flowers. Thanks Suzanne for joining us at Paper Lovin' Gals!! (and our challenges go through Wednesdays now... so you are in plenty of time.)
    :-)
    Michele F.
    PLG DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Suz! I so love the colors in this card. I also love the strips of embossed papers, gives so much texture to the card! That butterfly is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Love the texture and the colors that you used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card, I like your textured strips. Thanks for joining us.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Paper Lovin' Gals DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Suzanne. I love the button flowers.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful creation Suzanne! I love all of the textures and shapes you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Lovin' Gals this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is gorgeous! Great job.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete