Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Accordian Fold Card with SYI sunflowers

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone.
I have been crafting a lot the last few days but not able to post as they are things for  Blog Hops and Design Teams.  I did take time to do the 
 My Creative Time the challenge this week is to make a  project using green and yellow somewhere  and to  use an older cart.  I changed my mind several times and then  I made this card  and after much experimenting and  redoing parts I am pretty happy with it.  In one of my card books they had a 4 fold card but it was done with  a 12 inch piece of paper.  I didn't like the size so I cut a piece of  12 inch paper in  1/2 and then trimmed one inch of one side so it was 6 x 11 and two inches off the other piece so it was 6 x 10.  Then I scored and folded one inch on each and glued them together.  I folded each 10 inch side in 1/2 to give me 4 folds at 5 1/2 inch each.  I then started two inches up on one side and cut free hand up to top.  I covered the front and the back.  The caterpillar, sunflowers, pots, and leaves all come from Stretch My Imagination.   I pushed myself and used only green, yellow, golden yellow and  a little white.  I added stamps Always Forever Friends on each piece and then a place to write.  
This is picture of card standing up.  
This is front side open with stamped words.  
This is back side so flower shows to front when open.  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my...what a fabulous card! Love this fold and so, so many cute little details! This really is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! Your card is absolutely beautiful. Great Job on the Challenge. Thank you for joining us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done I love your card. Good luck with the challenge. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card... I love the design. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment at my BBTB2 card.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh your card is Amazing with all the great details!Super job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just about the cutest thing ever!! I just love the card. All of the details are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I LOVE love LOVE this card. I've seen this kind of card in the store but I've never thought to make one that folded back and forth this much. What an awesome scene. This totally ROCKS!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fabulous! I love your creation. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete