Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cricut Circle April Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose challenge

This is my entry for the Cricut Circle Challenge: Create a project of your choice and reuse, recycle or repurpose 3 items on your creation. Project must include atleast 2 different 
Cricut Image Cuts. 

Picture 1- is my finished project.  

Picture 2- These are the items I chose to recycle- a Tim Holtz chipboard box, dryer sheets, old beads, a coaster from a restaurant and a coffee cover from a bagel place.  
Picture 2- I used 2 different cuts from Elegant Edges page 64 and 68 and also the shadow of the oblong one.  I then glued the Elegant edge circle to the coaster.  
Picture 3- I cut the dryer sheets in one inch strips and gathered around a cardstock circle ( 2 1/2  Inch) gluing as I went. It took 2 strips to make first layer.  I made another layer and gathered a little tighter to make a medium layer and then made a small layer on a one inch circle.  
Picture 4- Lay layers out on paper towel and spray with Glimmer Mist. Pat excess off with paper towel and let dry.    
Picture 5- Glimmer Mist lace, pat off excess and let it dry and then glue all layers together. 
Picture 6 - Inside of box.  This where I am going to keep all the butterflies, tiny flowers, dragonflies and such that I cut from tiny scraps to keep for projects.  So not only did I recycle to make the project but am keeping little punches in it that are recycled from tiny scraps.  

1 comment:

  1. This little box is so fabulous Suzanne! I don't know how you thought to take a used dryer shee to make your flower, but it sure is awesome! What a way to recycle things and make something beautiful and functional as the same time! Well done my friend, er, you want to rub elbows with me???? Maybe some of your creativity will rub off on me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete