Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fall Wreath Decor

Hello everyone this is Suzanne cricutcraftingrammy here to share a project for Paper Crafting World. I love Fall Colors even though in Southern California we don't get a lot of them.  
So I decided to create a Fall wreath for some fun colorful decor.  
I had an old green 12" styrofoam wreath but you could use any size or a straw wreath for this  project.  I went to Michaels and found this beautiful Red Heart Supersaver yarn called Cherry Cola.  
It was only a few dollars.  
So I tied the yarn and began to wrap.  Keep the yarn tight and laid flat on the wreath.  When I finished covering the wreath I tied the end off and tucked it in.  
Here is what the wreath looks like all wrapped with yarn and believe me there was plenty of yarn 
left if you wanted to make another one or maybe even two.  

 I then cut a bunch of the different leaf shapes in various Fall colors using the 
Fall Wreath cut file .  My leaves are around 3 for the 12 inch wreath but you can make them larger or smaller for your wreath size.  I filled a page with a leaf  and also cut some out of scraps to get color varients.  I then embossed some of the leaves with various embossing folders to give them texture and inked the edges and some of embossing.  Then I cut out the acorns at 2 inches and embossed the tops and inked edges.  
Then I got out my handy glue gun and glued away till I was happy with the way it looked.  
I still have some leaves left which I will use in another project this month.  

Closeup

Hope you enjoyed my project.  

For November the challenge is Anything goes and the twist this month is to use the color red.
Check out the files at Paper Crafting World and the projects on the blog by the other designers.  
We would love to have you join us and link up your project.  


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you did this!!! Turned out so very cool! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete