Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Monday, July 23, 2012

BBTB2 Christmas in July

Today is a double post day for Design Teams for me.  
The first post is for FCCB and the second for BBTB2.  
I hope you will check them both out today and leave comments.  


Today at BBTB2 our designer Jayne has challenged us to design a project for "Christmas in July".  
I was so inspired by the wonderful projects that the BBTB2 designers and entrants made for the "Window to you World" challenge that I decided to use windows on a Christmas layout.  I still had some Graphic 45 paper left from last year and thought it would be perfect for this.  
I cut the window from the Christmas cartridge cutting the window at 4.5 x 5 using my Gypsy.  
The red shape to accentuate the windows came from Elegant Edges page 33 cut at 4.5 x 5.5. 
I had a few leftover chipboard pieces and also some other embellishments that had a vintage feel.  
Here are closeups of the pages and the windows.  
I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo for distressing, a EK Success corner punch for the mats, and twine.  
The snow on the window sills was made with a Pearl Pen.  
I hope you have enjoyed and been inspired by my layout.  Remember you have two weeks to create a Christmas project and link it up here at BBTB2.  You also have one more week for the "Fashion" Challenge that started last week.  

18 comments:

  1. Suzanne, great Christmas layout, gorgeous detail, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL LO Suzanne!!!!! Love the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You should frame this layout and hang it on the wall. It's just too fabulous! So much detail to draw the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas LO... love the papers.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne,
    Your layout is beautiful I love that G45 paper I think I have it. I love the vintage look and it would be perfect for any album. It is just beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ps. you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Suzanne! This layout is just spectacular!! I am so loving that Graphic 45 paper and it looks stunning behind the windows for the perfect Christmas scene's. You have out done yourself on this layout my friend! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovingly this layout. Love the papers behind the windows. Actually I love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing layouts Suzanne.I agree they should be framed as they are simply wonderful.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! I really love the window frame :) Incredible LO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great blog, Suzanne...It was fun to meet you at the Fair and see your neat work. Maybe I'll see you at S. Blessings sometime. Do you have some dates set yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo many unique ideas..This reminds me of my dd Barie Christmas movie..Fun..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layouts Suzanne! Love the frames and all the papers are so gorgeous! Great details!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, Scrapbook Layout Queen! You are really showing off you style today! Fabulous layouts! When I start scrapbooking again, I will look to you for inspiration!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. O I love when people do LO, and yours is fabulous, all the detail, fantastic paper...such inspiration...

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun and festive pages! Love the vintage feel. Fabulous, Chickie! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Suzanne this is stunning! Ilove the Graphic 45 papers, so much fantastic detail, love this!
    Hugs
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete