Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Friday, February 7, 2014

Cigar box to altered Tropical Photobox

I saw the cutest photo box at CHA made from a Kaisercraft box and  Kaisercraft Tropical paper.  
A scrapbook friend of mine has been giving me cigar boxes to use for projects.  I knew I had some black boxes that were very deep and the right size so I came home and used this idea to create a photo box.  
These would be great for a trip or trips and a fun way to keep your photos.  

Here is the box closed.  
Here is the box open.  On the inside of the lid I pop dotted a tropical picture and then hot glue gunned net and shells around the edge.  I left a moat around the edge so the box closed correctly.l  

Inside the box are 6 chipboard dividers. The tabs were made by cutting a 2 inch by two inch piece and folding it in 1/2.  I then cut the corners with a We R Memory Keepers Punch.  Each divider can be labeled.  I also made a 3 x 4  mini book that can be put in the inside lid or in the box for journaling the trip.  

I am designing another photo box right now with some different paper.  I will share it when complete.  

1 comment:

  1. Very cool project Suzanne! Love the papers and love the dividers. How cute that you added a mini too! You are amazing lady! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete