Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to School Blog Hop Day 1- August 12 Back to School Calendar and Backpack Tag

Welcome to the Back to School Blog Hop Day 2. It's that time of year again when the kiddos are gathering up their backpacks, sharpening their pencils, polishing their apples and are headed back to school. What a better way to celebrate than with a BLOG HOP! 
Along the way you will find such wonderful projects such as gifts for teachers, classroom ideas, scrapbook layouts, cards, and more.
Please be sure to visit every blog and leave a comment to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE your choice of 5 Digi Stamps from Jen's Digi Stamps. You will love these cute stamps that are perfect for every occasion and creation.
If you came here from Veronica's blog then you are in the right place. If you didn't and you just stopped by that's okay go back to the beginning at Blessed On The Bright Side and Hop with us. You will find lots of talented designing friends on this hop and you don't want to miss a single one!! 

Shawnee - http://www.blessedonthebrigh​tside.comStart here 
Rachelle - http://www.creationsbyrachel​le.blogspot.com
Lisa-  http://handmadewithlove-lisa.​blogspot.com
Patricia- http://creativediva9​8.blogspot.com
Veronica- http://mommyscraftyc​reations.blogspot.com
Suzanne - http://cricutcraftingrammy.blo​gspot.com  You are here!
Brynn- http://www.flairandfril​lscreativity.blogspot.com Next stop!
Carla - http://racincrafts.blogspot.​com
Kacee www.youhadmeatscrap.blog​spot.com
Robin - http://thecricutscrapper.blogs​pot.com
Cindy Lou - http://scrappinc.blogspot.co​m/
Mickie - www.littlescrapcorner.blogsp​ot.com

Thanks again Shawnee for organizing this great hop. 
So many awesome projects yesterday and I am looking forward to many more today.  


I made two projects for today.  First  I made a Back to School calendar.  When I was teaching the kids loved to do countdowns to special events so I thought this would be fun to do at home.  The chalkboard frame came from M's and was on clearance.  I covered it with School paper and a back to school label from one of the stacks.  I then reattached the string.  I used Doodlecharms to cut out apples. at 3.5.  I used Mickey Font to cut out the numbers 1-10 at 2.0 inches and the last apple says Today cut at .75.  I punched a hole in the apples and laced with ribbon which hangs freely from the frame so the apples can be turned to the back.  

Entered in Whimsical Wednesday and Celebrate the Occasion challenges.  
This is a backpack tag.  It is cut from chipboard and covered with paper on both sides.  The name is done with Mickey Font.  The back side is plain yellow cardstock to include info in case backpack is lost.  You would be amazing how many kids have backpacks that look alike or how many little ones forget what their new backpack looks like at the beginning of school.   This helps a teacher out a lot.  

For my blog candy please become a follower and leave a comment.  Make sure you leave a comment for both days.  I will choose a winner on Sunday the 14th and they will win a goody bag of School stickers to help with your Back to School projects.
Now off to see what Bren has in store for you Click here

Thanks again for joining us and please come back ! 

44 comments:

  1. What a creative tag! Counting down the days is always fun! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, Suzanne! I love your cute tag!! Great paper choice. You always know what works well together!! Thanks for being a part of this hop with me.

    Blessings,
    Shawnee
    http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such great ideas for the school year. TFS

    mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun ideas. I love the countdown idea. I am counting down until my kids go back to college so I can get some sleep. I am sure I will be missing them soon after they leave though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Suzanne your projects are so cute!
    I love both projects your calendar and your name tag.

    Rachelle
    joyfulhrt at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects.
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I made a back pack zipper pull, kids love this kind of stuff!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your projects. Awesome job!!
    Glad I could be on this hop with you.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute project thanks for sharing

    cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects. TFS!! glad to be part of this hope with you.

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable projects! Thanks so much for the chance to win, I'm a new follower and will make sure to stop by again tomorrow!

    I would love if you stopped by my craft blog, Made Especially For You.

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com
    especiallymadeblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute - really love the countdown calendar

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and what a great idea. Glad to be on the hop with you.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual, you have done two awesome projects! I know I won't be disappointed when I get here!
    Follower...
    jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your ideas! Countdowns, especially are fun for the younger set..

    I have tried to be a follower and very well may be but I cannot check because for some reason every blog I go to right now only has the word "followers" and nothing else. I have tried rebooting and it still is not working..:(

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. great projects! I became a follower during a previous blog hop! Enjoying your blog.
    melissaseme at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your countdown idea is great. I love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great projects! I love the calender. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays and CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Back To School calendar is so cute with the dangling apples that tell the date!
    Very clever idea!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute idea. Love the tag and the colors you used. Glad to be sharing ideas on this blog hop.

    TFS!
    Cindy Lou
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea of a countdown calender and your's is so cute and love the numbered apples.Thanks for playing at CTO.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really cute tag. Love the colors. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your projects are AWESOME!I LOVE the catender,SO COOL!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your calendar! I just might have to "lift" this idea and use with my toddler here at home -- such a great idea! And the backpack tag is so cute, too!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CTO this week!

    Jessica
    CTO DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of your projects Suzanne! What a great idea for new parents and old Grandmas of a kindergartner.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The little countdown is such a cute idea! I love it! Thanks for joining us over at CTO this week.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely wonderful projects! I love the calendar with the suspended apples and the folded tag for a backpack. Very creative! Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun idea for the calendar, really cute! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. super projects thanks for sharing with us at whimsical wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute project... thanks for playing with us at CTO..

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. What awesome projects Suzanne! I love the count down frame, great idea and oh so cute to do a count down with a grandchild at home!! I also love the idea of the backpack tag!! It is amazing how many children that are just starting school don't know if it is their bag or not, so this is a super great idea and looks so cute on the backpack to boot!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is great and it's just perfect for the challenge, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great project Suzanne!! Love the backpack tag! You are so creative!!!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great project, unique and I love it!

    Thanks for joining us at CTO!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Celebrate the Occasion DTM
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Terrific back to school projects. Love the way you covered up the blackboard with that pretty paper. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are both fantastic! The calendar is so clever and I love how you made the suspended apples.. it just adds such a nice touch. :o) The tag is also wonderful and it was so smart to leave the back plain for some information. Excellent work! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an adorable calendar and a GREAT way to do the countdown!! :) Very creative!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Celebrate The Occasion DTM

    ReplyDelete
  39. Suzanne- these are terrific! Great job! The frame is gorgeous!! TFS!! Love your stuff!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are adorable! I wish I would have made something cute like this for the girls this year! We have been doing our countdown on a dry erase board but I know this would have been so much more exciting! Thanks for joining us for the Back to School challenge at Whimsical Wednesday!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cute projects! Thanks so much for linking up with us over at Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete